Trochu Grader Shed
Torrington Grader Shed
Regional Medical Clinic and Kneehill County Administration Building
The initiative of "Doctor Recruitment" began in 2006 as a regional priority in light of new doctor schedules, doctor recruitment and retention. Provincial uncertainties related to small town urban hospitals also started to bubble up. The regions municipalities (Kneehill County, Three Hills, Trochu, Carbon, Acme and Linden), representatives from area organizations and medical service professionals soon realized that a "turn key" clinic approach is what sells the community to new professionals. Kneehill County has been at the forefront of seeing this initiative move ahead.
The County Administration Building has been on the horizon for a number of years. In 2010, it was decided by Council to postpone the project until funding was in place to avoid debt. This milestone was met, allowing the building to become a reality.
Quick Facts on Building
- Located East of the Three Hills Hospital, in Kneehill County.
- Budgeted Cost Breakdown: $9.45 Million Kneehill County Building Reserves, $2.5 Million Provincial Municipal Sustainability Initiative funding
- Expected completion Spring 2016.
Maintenance Shop & Office Building
- Main shop was built in 2010 with the 2nd Floor Development completed in April 2014.
- $4.5 Million of the project was Provincial Municipal Sustainability Initiative Funding (Kneehill County portion was approximately $100,000).
- The 2nd floor houses the Ag Services Department as well as the Emergency Operations Centre, should the situation ever arise.
March 2016 Update
- March 7, 2016 marked the opening of the Administration Building. The move went extremely well, many thanks to our dedicated staff.
- The Medical Clinic side is expected to be completed by the end of April.
February 2016 Update
- Cleaning of the Administration corridors has been completed, and furniture is set to arrive the first week of February.
- The reception counter is nearing completion, and work continues on the Council Chambers.
- The front doors are set to be installed soon, finishing up the entrance.
- Building move is set for March 3 & 4, opening for business on March 7.
- The Medical Clinic side is also coming along with painting.
November 2015 Update
- Drywall, painting nearing completion on the Administration Side of the Building
- Cupboards are being installed in the reception area and production rooms
- Flooring being installed beginning of December
- The Medical Clinic side is being completed in the same order, but about a month behind as their move in date is after the Administration move date of March.
August 2015 Update
- Shingling has been completed
- Interior walls have been built, and electrical/ plumbing is ongoing.
- Construction of intersection along highway will begin in September
July 2015 Update
- Construction is currently on time and on budget with planned possession for the Administration as mid-January 2016.
- First wall was erected on June 24, 2015.
- A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed by the Region's Doctors and Kneehill County Council for use of the Medical Building wing.
- Water, sewer services have been installed.