WATER LINE FLUSHING:
To maintain water quality, Kneehill County Utility Operators will be doing routine water line flushing in the Hamlets of Torrington, Swalwell and Huxley during the months of September and October annually. When the water main flushing is taking place a resident may experience temporary discolouration and/or low water pressure. This is normal. If this happens simply let your water run until it is clear. We thank you for your cooperation and patience during this maintenance project.
- Avoid running your tap water and using the washing machine or dishwasher while crews are flushing in your area.
- If discolored water occurs, simply run the cold water for a few minutes until it clear. This will allow the sediment to work its way through your pipes.
- Check for discolored water before using the washing machine or dishwasher. Wait until the water runs clear at the tap before doing laundry or running the dishwasher. NOTE: If your laundry becomes stained, DO NOT PUT YOUR LAUNDRY IN THE DRYER. Rewash clothes immediately using detergent and add a rust remover. Most rust removers can also be used on stained fixtures.
- In some cases, slight discoloration might linger for a few hours. This discoloration only affects the appearance of the water and does not affect water quality. No health hazards are associated with discolored water from hydrant flushing.
- If water pressure or water volume seems low after flushing has been completed, check your faucet screens for trapped particles.
Kneehill County has a variety of water resources and lines serving different areas of residents.
Letter from Alberta Health Services
Elevated Fluoride in Water Supply
(High Levels: May 2017
) For more information:
Canadian Dental Association Position Statement
Health Canada: Fluoride and Human Health
Alberta Health Services: Water Fluoridation
Public Notice of Decision
Klassen Agriventures Ltd.