WATER LINE FLUSHING:
To maintain water quality, Kneehill County Utility Operators will be doing routine water line flushing in the Hamlets of Torrington,
- Avoid running your tap water and using the washing machine or dishwasher while crews are flushing in your area.
- If discolored water occurs, simply run the cold water for a few minutes until it clear. This will allow the sediment to work its way through your pipes.
- Check for discolored water before using the washing machine or dishwasher. Wait until the water runs clear at the tap before doing laundry or running the dishwasher. NOTE: If your laundry becomes stained, DO NOT PUT YOUR LAUNDRY IN THE DRYER. Rewash clothes immediately using detergent and add a rust remover. Most rust removers can also be used on stained fixtures.
- In some cases, slight discoloration might linger for a few hours. This discoloration only affects the appearance of the water and does not affect water quality. No health hazards are associated with discolored water from hydrant flushing.
- If water pressure or water volume seems low after flushing has been completed, check your faucet screens for trapped particles.
Kneehill County has a variety of water resources and lines serving different areas of residents.
We maintain Alberta Environment Standards for water testing procedures and timelines.
Wimborne - Elevated Fluoride in Water Supply (High Levels: February 2015)