The department enforces compliance with select provincial statutes and municipal bylaws. Particular attention is paid to infrastructure protection (commercial carrier compliance), public safety initiatives and enforcement.
Some other examples are:
- Traffic Safety Act (eg. Speeding, Uninsured motor vehicles)
- Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act (eg. Public Intoxication)
- Animal Control Bylaw (when applied to hamlets).
Dog licensing is mandatory when residing within hamlets and is at no charge.
- Parks Protection Bylaw
- Unsightly Bylaw(Dated 2011)
Other Statutes Enforced: Alberta Queens Printer
- Animal Protection Act
- Dangerous Dogs Act
- Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
- Fuel Tax Act
- Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act
- Line Fence Act
- Petty Trespass Act
- Prevention of Youth Tobacco Use Act
- Provincial Offense Procedure Act
- Public Highways Development Act
- Stray Animals Act
- Traffic Safety Act
- Trespass to Premises Act
- Transportation and Handling of Dangerous Goods Act
- Innkeepers Act
- The Tobacco Reduction Act
Permitting any overweight movement on County roads is handled by Roadata Services.
Visit our Road Bans page for more information.
http://www.roadata.com or 1-888-830-7623
Questions or Concerns: (403) 443-5541
Farm Equipment and Traffic Safety Act
Kneehill County Public Safety and Commercial Vehicle Enforcement host information sessions on Farm Equipment Regulations and Exemptions.
Click to view the Alberta Traffic Safety Act.
New! The Safe Transport of Farm Equipment in Alberta is a revised manual for farm owners and workers transporting agricultural equipment on public roads.
For more information, and to order a hard-copy, visit the Alberta Agriculture and Forestry Website.
For quick reference, download Kneehill County's Farm Exemption Handout here, or click the magazine below to view full-screen.