Voting Stations2021 Election Division Map

Voting stations open at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, October 18, 2021, and will remain open until 8:00 p.m. When the voting station is declared closed at 8:00 p.m., any Elector in the voting station who wishes to vote shall be permitted to do so, but no other person shall be allowed to enter the voting station.

Voting Station Locations- To Be Determined

For the purpose of a municipal election, the County typically has multiple Voting Stations. Each Voting Station shall serve a specific portion of the County. Voting Station locations will be advertised once they are known. 

Voter Eligibility

A person is eligible to vote in the municipal election if the person:

  1. is at least 18 years old;
  2. is a Canadian citizen; and
  3. resides in Alberta, and is a resident of the County on Election Day.

Every person who arrives at a voting station for the purpose of voting shall verify their eligibility to vote by completing a Voting Register. Once the Voting Register is completed, the Voter will then be given a ballot.

Voter identification will be required for the municipal election. The identification requirement sets a uniform standard of one piece of picture identification or one piece of identification authorized by the Chief Electoral Officer under the Election Act.

Voter Identification Eligibility Requirements

The Local Authority Election Act (LAEA) establishes the requirements for verification of an Elector’s identity and current residence, as stated in the signed Voting Register. The Elector must produce one piece of photo identification with their name and address, issued by a Canadian government (federal, provincial, local, or an agency thereof), or one piece of identification authorized by the Chief Electoral Officer under the Election Act, including the Elector’s name and address.

Advance Vote Dates

  • Saturday, October 9, 2021, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
  • Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Special Ballot Voting

Special Ballot Voting requests will commence on August 3, 2021.

Voting by Special Ballots Instruction Video for Electors

Senate and Referendum Information

It is anticipated that a senate election and provincial referendum vote will occur with the 2021 municipal elections.
Visit for more information.

Senate Election Proclamation