Kneehill County has always been an agriculturally based municipality. As the local food movement grows. so does the diversity of food grown and produced within the County-- meats, cheeses, veggies, coffee roasting, even beer is produced here, and many more! Buying local has many benefits including:
- Fresher, in-season food which tastes better
- Less transportation and fossil fuel usage
- Knowing where your food comes from
- Supporting local families to live and do business in the County, supporting and growing our local economy
We are also fortunate to have some great retail options for purchasing local foods including:
- The Farm Basket- Three Hills
- The Three Hills Farmers Market - Three Hills Curling Rink,
Tuesdays 10 am-1 pm, May through September.
- Craft Beef Co.- Online Local Meat Shipped to your Door
- Rosebud County Market - Order online for Saturday pick up.
- The Farm Team - Local delivery available
Local Food Directory
To view a list of local food products and resources available in Kneehill County, please visit our Directory Page!
Representatives of Alberta’s agriculture, agri-food, and agri-products sector are invited to share feedback to inform the development of the Next Policy Framework and help guide Alberta’s investments in the agriculture sector over the next 5 to 10 years. Take the survey by June 6
Kneehill County is looking for local food producers, artisans, and tourism operators to take part in our Country Market, Saturday, August 13, 2022, at Horseshoe Canyon. Visit our Event page for more information...
On April 8, 2022, Avian Influenza (H5N1) was confirmed in a poultry flock in Kneehill County. Read on...