We all have a responsibility to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Alberta. Take steps to protect yourself and others.
Practice good hygiene
- Stay home if you are feeling sick
- Wash or sanitize your hands often
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching your face
- There are no longer restrictions on social gatherings. However, if you are gathering with people you don’t know or who are not vaccinated, you can practice these optional precautions to limit the risk of spreading COVID-19.
- Practice physical distancing of 2 metres.
- Wear a mask if it’s in an indoor space.
- Sanitize common touch surfaces
Monitor your symptoms
- COVID-19 symptoms are similar to influenza and other respiratory illnesses and can range from mild to severe. Even people with mild symptoms can spread COVID-19 to others.
- If you have any symptom, stay home and take the online assessment to arrange testing.
- Depending on your vaccination status, you may be legally required to isolate if you have symptoms or quarantine if you are a close contact of a confirmed case. Learn more about isolation and quarantine requirements for vaccinated and unvaccinated Albertans.
Isolate or Quarantine if Required
Isolation and quarantine requirements are in place for individuals with COVID-19 symptoms or who have been exposed to a COVID-19 case. Modified requirements are in place for individuals who are partially or fully vaccinated.
Visit https://www.alberta.ca/prevent-the-spread.aspx for more information.